How I Work
I create a safe space with clear expectations. This is of the utmost importance for you to maximize relaxation and healing.
What You Can Expect
My intention is for you to become more calm, grounded and relaxed through our sessions. Therapeutic massage is soothing, slowing down a busy mind and healing the body.
Mentally: Effective massage can help get you out of your head and back into your body, with a renewed sense of peace and well-being.
Physically: I can help ease pain and stiffness, increase blood circulation and improve sleep.
Fundamentally, my work can help improve your mood and mental clarity as well as being energizing and invigorating.
I work intuitively and ask that you guide me throughout our session to make sure we are using the right amount of pressure for you. This is your body and you are the expert. Being in tune with your needs and knowing if anything feels uncomfortable in any way is vital to how I approach our work together. Creating a safe space with clear expectations is of utmost importance for maximizing relaxation and healing.
Your First Visit
We start with a consultation conversation so I can learn about you, your lifestyle, and your expectations. In order to get the best results from any bodywork we do, I need to know more about you and your lifestyle and what you’re hoping to achieve from our sessions. Once I have a complete picture of you and what your goals are, we can then put together the best path forward for you.
Some Areas We'll Cover
- What does a normal day for you look like?
- Are you sedentary (such as with an office job) or are you active and moving most of the time?
- What is your stress level?
- How is the quality of your sleep? How much sleep do you average per night?
- How is your nutrition? What is your normal diet?
- What’s your medical history, including any and all injuries and surgeries?
- Do you take any medications for high blood pressure or blood thinners?
- Have you ever had massage therapy before? How was that experience for you?